Monday, April 6, 2009

Girls Night Out


Well, as you could have guessed, Will and Kate picked up some of Ben's congestion and cough and come Monday, Kate was not handling it too well. She was coughing and retracting with her breathing, so I took her to the doctor, where they had to increase her oxygen, from .2 to .5 or so. This meant an overnight in the hospital for observation and testing.

I wasn't even allowed to come home and had to wait at the pediatrician's office until they had a room available for her. Once over there, they did a chest x-ray for pneumonia, testing for RSV and pertussis (sp.?). Everything came back negative -thank goodness!! After some mucous management, they were able to ween her oxygen back down to .3 and we went home Tuesday evening. Since, then she has gotten better, but is still not 100%, but getting there. We have their 6-month check on the 16th, so I will try and update again with weights and what is next for them.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Aww, that's too bad! I hope she gets better quickly.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom with 3 kids, one boy and twins (girl/boy) and an amazing supportive husband. My time without my kids is now spent cooking, working on my lamps(see Evolve It Lighting @ Facebook), partnering with a friend running our Amazon store (Crazy Bananas AZ), writing children's books and dabbling in interior design/refurbishing furniture with whoever will let me into their house. I am truly blessed and at a great turning point in my life!! Looking forward to what lies ahead.