Monday, December 15, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

So, the whole family is in Flagstaff...FINALLY!

Will, Kate, and I flew on a small plane (see photo) up to Flagstaff from Phoenix on Friday afternoon while Mary Hampton was in hot pursuit in our car loaded full of 3 months' worth of stuff (she opted out of the flight). MH's mom and Ben drove up Thursday with another car full of stuff in anticipation of our move home. Needless to say, Ben was very excited to get reacquainted with his toys.
As for our other two kids' accommodations, they received a rather warm reception at the Flagstaff Special Care Nursery, which had a crib decorated with their names ready and waiting.
If that wasn't enough, MH and I came home later that night to a welcome home banner and a Christmas tree that was delivered by some very thoughtful friends. (We were also greeted by Ben, who was more than eager to get the Christmas decorating underway...)

Being back home has been nice, although we apparently got here just in time. We got a few inches of snow on Saturday night and are expecting between 2 and 3 feet of snow this week! What happened to the warm Arizona weather??? Also, being at a different hospital with different doctors and nurses has and will continue to take some getting use to. The nursery here is very quiet with only about 8 babies, including our two. That said, Will and Kate seem to enjoy it and have done well with the transition thus far. Both of them have been eating the majority of their requisite formula by bottle, although they have required a little more oxygen now that they are at 7000 feet elevation. The doctors here insist that the extra oxygen is not a concern and that all that they need to do to get home is to eat all of their food from the bottle and gain weight consistently. They will almost definitely be bringing their oxygen home with them anyways (as long as they don't have to carry it with them to school I'm happy...).

So, other than trying to move back into our house and, with Ben's help, get the house decorated for Christmas, things are pretty quiet around here. Enjoy the pictures and we'll try to get another update out sometime this week. If we are snowed in we should have lots of time to write...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a treat to see by blog that you are all back in Flagstaff--an early Christmas blessing! Love the pictures of Will and Kate--they are growing and will be home before you know it. Prayers continue daily for you all--please give Mimi a hug from BB!

Becky Bouton

Karen said...

That was a first class return trip! I know you're so glad to be back in Flagstaff, even with all the snow.. next step, all the way home for Will and Kate. They look great! Hope Ben has fun decorating.

XOXO,
Gammie

Anonymous said...

It's great that you all went back to Flagstaff and the babies are doing well in the new environment. You all look great in the pictures, thanks for sharing. Best wishes for the baby's healthy growth.

Lu & Chunling

Mary Isenburg said...

Wow! What a week it's been for you all! So happy that you're back home and settling in nicely. Will and Kate look so sweet in their cute little clothes...so precious!

Thanks for sharing!
The Isenburgs

The Family Senter said...

congratulations you guys!
I can't believe you have twins!
what an amazing story they have!
rejoicing with you on how the Lord has blessed and protected!

Anonymous said...

Dear "Ones",
....better late than never! At our annual BioE Christmas drop-in last Friday I discovered you now have 3 children. Jason Hemmer (soon to be a neighbor, I understand) brought me up to date and promised the blog address. I went all the way back to the beginning and followed your journey. My goodness...what a trip y'all have had but oh how precious the outcome:-) Please know that we are all praying for Will & Kate and their being home soon. In the meantime...thank God for NICU's and GRANDmothers!
God Bless, Happy Holidays and hugs to all,

Linda Jenkins
PS: I have Smokey in his Tennessee shirt waiting for an updated Will & Kate photo to go along with Ben's anytime your're near campus:-)

Susie said...

precious precious babies!!! i could seriously eat them up! i finally got to see those sweet faces up close! yea for josh figuring out how to make the pics bigger!
that was super nice of your sweet friends! what a nice homecoming! hope your transition continues so well! give all three kisses from us!
i mailed your cmas package on monday and should get there by next monday. be on the lookout!
love yall!

Anonymous said...

yea! I am glad you are back home, and I eagerly await the news that Will and Kate will be home full-time with you!
I also have a Christmas card for you and have misplaced your address -- if you see this comment, could you remind me? thanks! Ali Freeman Winter
Allison.Winter@yahoo.com

Chinny and Poom said...

Welcome Home to the Lovekamp 5.
So looking forward to meeting the babies. What a whirlwind for you all but you guys are champs. Happy Holidays and much Love to you all.
Susie, Matt, Olivia and Abigail Jardine.

Courtney said...

Hi, I don't know you but clicked on your blog through Kathryn Aiello's facebook. My nieces were born only slightly bigger (just over 2 lbs) than your twins, and I just wanted to let you know that I'll be praying for your little ones. It looks they have made great progress. They truly are beautiful little miracles.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom with 3 kids, one boy and twins (girl/boy) and an amazing supportive husband. My time without my kids is now spent cooking, working on my lamps(see Evolve It Lighting @ Facebook), partnering with a friend running our Amazon store (Crazy Bananas AZ), writing children's books and dabbling in interior design/refurbishing furniture with whoever will let me into their house. I am truly blessed and at a great turning point in my life!! Looking forward to what lies ahead.