Saturday, December 6, 2008

What a difference a week makes

We now have 2 babies that have grown up so fast this week. They have both started wearing clothes, being held by Mimi, regulating their body temperature, and remained on nasal cannula. Kate has continued to eat from a bottle for 4 of her 8 feedings a day. Will needs to get to 2 liters/min on nasal cannula to try to eat. He is currently at 3 and Kate is only at 3/4 liters/min, which one doctor said that was "like blowing in her nose." Will has finally moved out of his isolette and into a crib, where he is patiently awaiting his sister's arrival, because they will co-bed them now that they are both more stable. Will is currently 4 lbs. 4 1/2 oz. (1950 grams) and Kate is 3 lbs. 13 oz.(1730 grams). She needs to gain about 70 grams (= 2.3 oz.) and she can join her brother. Will also decided to join in being clean this week. He had his first bath on Friday and he loved it! We have truly had a wonderful week!!!!!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful weeks are great! Love Dad

Anonymous said...

So thrilled to hear Will and Kate are doing so well--love all the pictures! Continuing to pray that you all will be back in Flagstaff for Christmas. Hugs to you all and especially Mimi!

Becky Bouton

Kristen said...

What wonderful pictures!

Mary Isenburg said...

So great to catch up with you! The pictures are awesome!

We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What wonderful news!! We will keep those prayers coming! Love to all of you!
Margaret and Vaughn

Carissa and Craig said...

You don't know me, but I periodically check your blog. I have g/b twins (Ellie and Turner), who turn 11 mo old tomorrow (I am friends with Daniel and Krissee). I am so happy to hear that Kate and Will are doing so well!! I hope that they will soon be on their way home : ) Best of Luck.

Carissa

Jim Lovekamp said...

Praise be for all the great news! We pray for another wonderful week ahead. We're so anxious to see you all again! The pictues are great! XOXO to Spiderman!!

Love to All,
Gammie & Papa

Anonymous said...

Love you guys, I 'm so glad to hear all the good news Talk soon Dena and David

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic news - what a wonderful Advent gift!
Christina Miller

Aubrey said...

How exciting! I am so happy for you guys. It's amazing how fast they have changed. Can't wait to see you all again! xoxo Aubrey

Austin Grillos said...

Wow! Amazing!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom with 3 kids, one boy and twins (girl/boy) and an amazing supportive husband. My time without my kids is now spent cooking, working on my lamps(see Evolve It Lighting @ Facebook), partnering with a friend running our Amazon store (Crazy Bananas AZ), writing children's books and dabbling in interior design/refurbishing furniture with whoever will let me into their house. I am truly blessed and at a great turning point in my life!! Looking forward to what lies ahead.