So, another week has passed and Will and Kate are now 2 weeks old! They both continue to do well and are both now being tube-fed breastmilk. They have also both remained off of ventilators and are breathing on their own, although they continue to require the assistance of a nasal cannula to keep pressure in their lungs and an occasional "reminder" to take a breath. Will is now almost 2 pounds (900 grams) and Kate is 1 pound 12 ounces (800 grams). Also, Kate has now had 2 courses of ibuprofen in an attempt to close her PDA. Unfortunately these have not been successful and her duct remains patent. That said, she remains more or less symptom-free from this and as long as she stays that way, should not require the ligation surgery anytime soon. We continue to hold out hope that it will close on its own.MH has made some dramatic improvements over the course of the week and her swelling has all but gone away. Her incision also seems to be healing nicely and her second follow-up doctor's appointment on Friday gave her a clean bill of health, allowing her to get back to doing more normal activities (like driving). For some reason the doctor still feels like doing any sort of housework is still quite a ways off - thank goodness Kay is still in town!!
One thing that helps all of our "recovery" is the so-called kangaroo care that we have been enjoying with Will and Kate. MH and I have both now had the opportunity to hold both Will and Kate and can't get enough of it. I have to say though that I still feel pretty uncomfortable holding them since they are so tiny and have about a dozen wires and tubes hanging from them. We have also had a number of friends come visit this week to see us and the twins, not the least of which was one set of their godparents, Hannah and Todd (along with their two sons Jackson and Reed). This involved a trip to the state fair today, where Ben and Jackson spent a solid 3 or 4 hours running from ride to ride while we tried to keep up.
I apologize that it took so long to get this update posted. I will try to do better...Josh

12 comments:
What a great post, I just find myself looking forward to each one, and glad to have seen them. I had a number of people tell me they do a regular check of the blog to keep up with the Lovekamps growth. Thanks, Love Poppy
such a sweet picture of the four of you! i have been checking constantly for more updates and was glad to find one this afternoon! so glad that the babies are gaining weight and that you are enjoying lots of cuddle time!
Thanks for the pictures and update. Hope Will & Kate are enjoying their Daddy's furry chest, Mommy's hugs and friendly visitors. We're so happy with their progress and just pray they continue to gain and grow with no complications.
Looks like Ben had a hot, sweaty and fun day at the fair.
We love and miss you all,
Gammie & Papa
Great photos! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I'm thinkin' about you all and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us posted!!! The pictures are great, and it was so good to hear that you are doing so well, Mary Hampton!! We love all of you and continue to pray for you daily.
Margaret and Vaughn
Thanks for keeping us up to date with the progress of Will, Kate, and MH. Everyone looks great and proves to be an inspiration for us all. Tell Mimi K she is greatly missed.
Love and hugs to all,
Brenda Blackwell
It's wonderful seeing this love story unfold!
Mary Hampton, What a nice picture of you and Josh holding Will and Kate. I look forward to seeing pictures of all of you and hearing good news. I'm so pleased that you are so much better, also the babies. I keep a check of the blog. Tell Josh he does a great job. Know you all are in my prayers. Love, Jean O
Such cute pictures! So glad that everything is getting worked out slowly but surely.
What a happy family! MH, you're glowing and you look so good. I'm sure you're thrilled to have a little more freedom. Josh, you're looking as fuzzy as always! Ben looks like he had great 'hot' fun at the fair. Send some heat this way!! Thanks for the update!
Jake & Mary
So glad things are going well and the kids are gaining weight! Good news on MH too! Hope you continue to feel better each day. Love to you all....
oh josh and mh! found your blog through amber and sandi's. i will be praying for your sweet little babies and for you guys. you seem to be handling it all so well.
i miss knowing you! much love.
kathryn
just wanted you to know that we are praying for the babies and you. karen emailed us with an update. i can't imagine what you are going through. know that we love you and are here for you.
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed,for I am your God. I will strenghthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
Post a Comment