Sunday, September 28, 2008

25 weeks and counting

Hello everyone!!! It is Mary Hampton here. I am finally feeling up to looking at the computer, so I thought I would update the blog myself. I am feeling good and my labwork is continuing to remain steady for most things and my platelet count is increasing daily. I have even been moved from having bloodwork drawn every 12 hours to every 2 days. My arms will appreciate the break and enjoy the recovery time. I keep asking about going home on bedrest and the doctors either chuckle, or just walk out of the room. One doctor even seems to think that my rapid turnaround has to do with the decrease in altitude. They say that they have sent women back to Flagstaff and the 7000 ft. elevation after they are doing better and they turn back around and end up in Phoenix again. So, "at home on bedrest," may mean somewhere in Phoenix if they ever let me go. But for now, I am still here for frequent blood pressure checks and baby monitoring, which by the way, WILL AND KATE ARE DOING FABULOUS. Getting bigger and moving more and more everyday.

I have enjoyed my visitors and especially having Ben come by the hospital. He is staying in Phoenix with my mom and Josh. It is a joy to have him here, even though at times, he tends to raise my blood pressure. HA! He is doing great and handling things pretty well. He enjoys taking mommy on her wheelchair outings. Highlight of the day for both of us.

We will continue to keep everyone posted as things progress. Thanks to everyone for the thoughts, prayers, phone calls, visits, gifts and flowers. I am truly blessed!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary H,

My parents told me all about it and forwarded me your blog. I want you to know that you and your family have been in my prayers as well as the team of doctors keeping your little ones safe. I have been going through old pictures lately so you have been on my mind.

I hope you are able to keep your spirits up don't get to bored sitting there in that hospital.

Love to you,

Manly

Krissee said...

I'm so happy that things are looking better! Everyday counts! You are doing great!

Kristen said...

I'm so glad to hear that things have turned around so drastically and that you're out of the woods (for this moment anyway!) Take care of yourselves, and as I told Josh, if you guys need ANYTHING--meals, childcare, someone to take Ben to the park to give your mom a break, whatever, please give me a call! You're in our thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary Hampton,

I just heard about this blog from Josh today. I feel sorry for the difficult times that you had recently, but I am so glad that you are much better now. Hope everything will end up to be great. Chunling and I will keep you guys in our prayers. Wish the best for you and the twins! --Lu

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

Tell those sweet babies to keep holding on! I'm so glad you are doing better!

johmsen said...

MaryHampton, I hope you get my message. Seems it never goes through for me. So happy to know you and the babies are doing so much better. I have kept all of you in my prayers daily/ Marlene Halbert has been so good to pass on the news of your condition. I know you would like to get home but do believe this is where you should be for the time. Stay patient and know you are loved and so many prayers go up for you each day. Love, Jean Ohmsen

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary Hampton,

I am so happy to hear that you are feeling so much better. Mary forwarded us the link to your blog, so we've been checking to see how you all were coming along. Even though we're not able to see you all in person, please remember that you all are definitely in our thoughts and prayers. I wish you, Josh, Ben, Will and Kate nothing but the best.

All the best,

Cheryl

Jodi said...

Hi Mary. It is Jodi, Patrick's Mom. I am so glad to hear that you and the babies are well. I wish we could be there to help entertain Ben. If you are bored and feel like talking, please don't hesitate to call. 352-207-3665 or you can email me at proudfbiwife@yahoo.com

Take Care and Feel Well! Our thoughts are with you!

Jodi

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to hear the good news! I know you and the babies will pull through.

God's Speed
Christina Miller
St Francis of Assisi

lizardmom said...

Hi Mary Hampton,
This is your Aunt Lisa....the boys want my Grandmother name to be "Lizard" -hence my blog name Lizard mom.......Sounds like your crazy cousins, doesn't it?!?
Your mom has been keeping updated on your daily progress. Glad to hear that things are holding steady for now. We are all praying for you and hope to see you soon.
Love, Lisa

Amy said...

Dear Mary Hampton

I am writing to give you an optomistic outlook. I am using Amy's blog since she has moved back to Greenville and is staying with me and my new wife, Charlene.

I have been following your roller coaster coarse which is just what to expect from infant's of this gestation. They really look good and it is very positive that neither are on respiratory assistance. I encourage you and Josh to think positive and be positive despite the times when they will try you to the limit.

You are in a good unit. Outlook for infants at this gestation continue to improve with better treatment.

I will continue to follow you, Josh, Will, and Kate along with Amy who says hellow and says that she will talk to you when things settle down.

You're family is in our prayers. Say hello to your mom and dad for me - Phil looked good in the video.

More later. Dr. David Wells

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom with 3 kids, one boy and twins (girl/boy) and an amazing supportive husband. My time without my kids is now spent cooking, working on my lamps(see Evolve It Lighting @ Facebook), partnering with a friend running our Amazon store (Crazy Bananas AZ), writing children's books and dabbling in interior design/refurbishing furniture with whoever will let me into their house. I am truly blessed and at a great turning point in my life!! Looking forward to what lies ahead.