Friday, March 27, 2009

Vacation in Phoenix?

I know, what was I thinking? When Josh was out of town, I packed the kids up to head down to Phoenix to meet Josh for the weekend between trips. Talk about an adventure. We got down there on Friday around 3:00pm, unpacked into the hotel (very organized), and Josh met us at the hotel at 8:00pm. This day was pretty uneventful!! And, then Ben woke up in the middle of the night with a fever. Really makes life fun when you are going down to the warm to swim in the pool, plus being in a closed in space with babies that aren't supposed to get sick. So close that the babies got back to their roots and slept together (if you call this sleeping).

On Saturday, Ben was a trooper and swam for all of 30 minutes and then wanted to be out of the pool, because we think he had too much fruit for breakfast, which meant an afternoon in the bathroom. Yet another sickness. I think the most exciting thing about the afternoon was the ladybug he found.


Will and Kate enjoyed their time in the sun and having their bellies in the sun. Mommy enjoyed taking the pictures of one of their first adventures outside - at least for an extended period - since it is too cold in Flagstaff this time of year. Oh, I also enjoyed the margaritas!





Picasa SlideshowPicasa Web AlbumsFullscreen

Britney, a friend of ours, came down to help with the kids and Josh and I were able to go out on a date. Then, Josh left early early on Sunday morning for his next business trip.

Since Ben was sick, I decided that we (me and Britney) would take the kids over to the Tempe Art Festival on Sunday. Brilliant decision, since it is hard to push the double stroller on an empty street, but add about million people to a closed street and boy is it fun! We did have a good time and I certainly could not have done it without Britney. Ben got his face-painted, like Batman of course. I think superheros are inate in boys. And being a superhero sure is tiring, he passed out and slept in the bottom of a stroller all the way back to the hotel. Even missed the return trip on the lightrail (transportation new to Phoenix and very cool).








Then, our friends Jason and Helen came down, met us at for lunch at Tempe and spend the night with us at the hotel. It was so nice to have them there. They played with Ben a bunch, broguth me take out and helped me load up the kids and all of their stuff the next morning, just in time to pick my mom up from the airport. Mimi came to visit.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom with 3 kids, one boy and twins (girl/boy) and an amazing supportive husband. My time without my kids is now spent cooking, working on my lamps(see Evolve It Lighting @ Facebook), partnering with a friend running our Amazon store (Crazy Bananas AZ), writing children's books and dabbling in interior design/refurbishing furniture with whoever will let me into their house. I am truly blessed and at a great turning point in my life!! Looking forward to what lies ahead.