Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Well, we finally have some news to update with the twins. Will has moved from .2 liters/min. to .1 and Kate from .3 to .2. At least after this oxygen challenge, they went in the right direction. We will hopefully test them again the beginning April and look forward to saying goodbye to all the equipment and live life as "normal" kids.

Also, we had a home visit from the nurse with NICP (Neonatal Intensive Care Program). She follows-up wth us once a month to make sure the kids are doing well. And, she says that they are doing great. Not only have they gained a lot of weight (Will is now 10lbs 14 oz. and Kate (aka Bacon according to our neighbor) is 11lbs. 2 oz.), they are also developmentally above their adjusted age (which is determined from their due date of Jan. 10th). And for other stats, Will and Kate are both 21 3/4 inches long and Kate's head measures 38 cm and Will's measures 42.5 (big noggin for such a little boy - lots of brains). They have both started smiling and interacting a ton, which is awesome and makes it all worth it. They have even discovered each other. Ben even thinks it is pretty cool to get them to smile. And one time, Will lost one sock, so he took his off and gave it to him - it was so thoughtful! Fun to start seeing some interaction between the three of them.

Ben is doing well and seems to be adjusting to having to stay at home. His dad bought him some new batman pjs with cape and all and he does not want to get out of them. Thank goodness TV is so educational!! He's also been spending quite a bit of time playing games online from his favorite cartoons and has recently been trying his hand at typing. So far he can handle "Ben" and "MH" pretty well and is working on "Josh". This will one day be followed by "Mary Hampton" - Mimi and Poppy didn't do him any favors with a name like that!

We have been trying to get out more and my dear friend, Jenny, picks him up once a week so that Ben and one of his best buddies, Ezra, can play together. We have made a trip down to Sedona, where 7 of his friends and their parents met us, and he has begun a gymnastics class on Fridays, which he and I both enjoy. It is nice for him to have some instruction, because he is missing school and it is the first class that he has taken not requiring parent involvement, so allows me to sit with Will and Kate and actually watch and take in everything he is doing. Gosh, he is growing up!!! He has even started writing his name, which I think is pretty good and is reading some words. Amazing!!!

I hope that you all enjoy the slideshow below. To get more pictures, take a look at Mary Hampton's Facebook account. See ya!

Picasa SlideshowPicasa Web AlbumsFullscreen

6 comments:

Karen said...

What a great update! Will and Kate have changed so much. You all look great and it sounds like you're doing well. We miss you and hope to see you soon!

XOXO,
Gammie

Anonymous said...

Mary Hampton, It was so special getting the great up-date on all of you. My how Kate and Will have grown. I had been wondering how all of you were doing and have kept all in my prayers each day. You have three beautiful children. To see how well Will and Kate are doing you know prayers work! I'm sure you have your hands full, but looking at that sweet family I know it's worth it. Love, Jean

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys You all look so great! We can't believe how big the kids are! I guess we'll be saying that for a long time :) Miss you all and hope all is well Take care Love, Dena and David

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

Wow! they are getting so big. I love the new pics!

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

Glad to see everyone is doing so well. The babies are adorable and look really healthy. Ben is a sweetheart! You guys take care of yourselves as well. Check back in later.

Teresa Collins
G'ville

Jaime said...

Hey Mary Hampton,
I'm an old friend of Josh's (my mom worker w/ Karen, too). Anyway, I've checked the blog from time to time and it's so good to see the babies and yall doing so well! I'd love to see more pics so I'll find you on FB. Take care:)

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom with 3 kids, one boy and twins (girl/boy) and an amazing supportive husband. My time without my kids is now spent cooking, working on my lamps(see Evolve It Lighting @ Facebook), partnering with a friend running our Amazon store (Crazy Bananas AZ), writing children's books and dabbling in interior design/refurbishing furniture with whoever will let me into their house. I am truly blessed and at a great turning point in my life!! Looking forward to what lies ahead.