Wednesday, February 18, 2009

4 Months Old!

Well, we're still here but as most of you might imagine, finding time to update the blog has been somewhat difficult.  Above is a sampling of recent images with a few taken on the first day or two after they were born to provide some perspective.  As you I'm sure can tell, they have both been doing a lot of growing, although of the two of them, Kate is definitely the better eater and it shows.  At their last doctor's appointment on Monday we learned that she had finally surpassed Will, weighing in at 9 pounds 7 ounces.  Will was just behind her at 9 pounds 6 ounces.  Tomorrow we are heading to Phoenix to return Kay to the airport (she has been here for 2 weeks to visit and help out - THANKS!) and to visit the pulmonologist for a second time.
Although they are both still on oxygen and apnea monitors, they appear to be progressing and we expect that in the next week or so we'll be able to wean their oxygen back slightly, although I think it will probably be another month or so before they're off completely.  The same will most likely go for the apnea monitors unless the doctor feels especially generous tomorrow....we'll see.
Well, that's all for now.  I hope that everyone out there is doing well and if any of you get a wild hair and want to make a trip to Flagstaff to pull some all-nighters you are more than welcome!  I can't promise it will be as much fun as some all-nighters we might have had before but I'm sure you'll remember it!
Love -
Josh, MH, Ben, Will, and Kate

4 comments:

Livsmom said...

MH, they are gorgeous!!!! I love the new pictures. Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

How thrilled I am every time there is a new post--Will and Kate get cuter and cuter. And MH and Josh get tireder and tireder! As mom always said, this too shall pass!

Hugs to you all!
Becky Bouton

Aunt Tara said...

Yay!! Thanks for the new pictures. Miss you all.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of beautiful children. Love you, Dad

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom with 3 kids, one boy and twins (girl/boy) and an amazing supportive husband. My time without my kids is now spent cooking, working on my lamps(see Evolve It Lighting @ Facebook), partnering with a friend running our Amazon store (Crazy Bananas AZ), writing children's books and dabbling in interior design/refurbishing furniture with whoever will let me into their house. I am truly blessed and at a great turning point in my life!! Looking forward to what lies ahead.